Serum and Plasma from Treated Patients
Cureline has established multiple clinical collaborations to collect longitudinal serum sample sets from oncology patients. Samples are being collected throughout the course of a patient’s prescribed treatment plan. Currently our biorepository holds approximately fifteen thousand serum samples from over 1,500 patients with various cancer diagnoses.
Serum & Plasma Sets
- Single course – samples are collected from patients that have undergone a single course treatment: immunological therapy, chemotherapy, or radiation.
- Multiple Courses - samples are collected over an extended period of time from patients that have undergone several courses of immunological therapy, chemotherapy and/or radiation.
In general the collection site follows NCCN Oncology Treatment Guidelines. Exact explanation of treatment regimen specific to each sample set can be provided upon request. In some cases a serum sample is obtained during the initial diagnosis just before clinical intervention. In many cases outcome data is available and can be provided upon request. Samples could also be procured prospectively if there are any specific patient inclusion/exclusion criteria.
The following is a list of some examples of cancer types available in our inventory:
- Colorectal carcinoma (CRC)
- Breast cancer (invasive ductal & lobular, in situ, medullary)
- Prostate adenocarcinoma
- Ovarian carcinoma
- Pancreatic adenocarcinoma
- Non-small cell lung carcinoma (adenocarcinoma and SCC)
- Melanoma and Basal Cell Carcinoma
- Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Brain tumors
- Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (diffuse large B-cell, follicular, other types)
- Leukemia (CLL, CML, ALL, AML)
- Multiple Myeloma
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome
We also provide sample sets from urinary bladder carcinoma, head & neck carcinoma, thyroid tumors, soft tissue sarcomas, small cell lung cancer and many other cancer types.
Specimens from patietns with other indications (RA, MS, etc.) are available as a special collection protocol.
All specimens are obtained during routine laboratory tests performed as a part of prescribed patient treatment plans. The samples are quickly frozen and stored at -80C. Each sample is provided with clinical data set including age, gender, medical history and treatment. Protocols for prospective collections are available and can be customized to your specific study needs. All specimen collection is conducted under an IRB-approved research protocol, offering a valuable resource for clinical research organizations and diagnostic testing companies.